Monday, May 12, 2008

My Perfect Mother's Day Weekend!!

I'm sure a lot of you don't know this yet, but we're spending the summer in Charlotte, North Carolina. We still have our house in Raleigh, we're just in an apartment here for the summer so Angel can help out a friend with his business. Anyway, Saturday night, after Lexy's recital we headed back to Charlotte. On the way, we decided to stop at Cracker Barrell (my favorite family dining experience) for my Mother's Day dinner. We had a blast!! The kids love the rocking chairs on the front porch and it makes for good pictures!!! My wonderful husband and happy boy! My little princess....who won't look at the camera long enough to take the picture!

The grin on his face is because he knows there are biscuits coming!! Lexy loves the little "peg" game that they have on the tables. She tries to take the pegs and stick them in the holes in the wall. Checking daddy because she thinks he's sick. "Take a deep breath."
My Sunday started with Angel and both kids in the bed with me to give me big kisses and hugs. I was promptly given my gift and served breakfast. Angel waited on me hand and foot all day. I didn't have to lift a finger!! I propose we have more days like this!!! I have to say, I have the most wonderful husband in the world, he really raised the bar and I can't wait to see him out do himself next year...just kidding hunny!! The last while of my perfect day was spent laying in bed with Lexy to scratch her back. While we were laying there, she rolled over and looked at me and said, "happy mother's day". I choked back the tears. She went on to remind me of the present she had given me that morning. It was priceless! I then held my Logan and rocked him to sleep and was able to end my day by watching a movie in bed with Angel while eating cinnamon rolls (yummy)!! I hope all you other mommies out there had a day just as perfect as mine!!!

0 comments: